CalCup Races 2013
Some important changes to CalCup for 2013: Please note that CalCup races are going to be run by the Berkeley Yacht Club in 2013. Courtesy of the BYC, we also have a new electronic sign-up and payment system.
CalCup Junior Program
CalCup is fully commited to helping develop the next generation of windsurf racing champions. Juniors are always welcome at CalCup race dates, and there are frequently targeted clinics specially for juniors.
Team Berkeley Windsurf (TBW) runs races on CalCup race dates and runs a comprehensive program for getting juniors into windsurfing and racing. Please see the TBW web site for more details on this awesome program:
CalCup is also a partner with the St. Francis Yacht Club junior development program:
St. Francis Yacht Club Junior Windsurfing Program
CalCup Perpetual Trophies
CalCup Perpetual Trophies are awarded at the end of each racing season to the top finishers in each racing division, and also in several categories voted on by all CalCup participants.
Click here to see a list of all past CalCup Trophy winners.
- We're on for the CalCup End of Season Party and Awards Banquet this Saturday November 23. The bar opens at 6pm and dinner will be served at 7pm.
What: Annual CalCup End of Season Party and Awards Banquet
When: Saturday November 23 at 6pm
Where: Berkeley Yacht Club
1 Seawall Drive
Berkeley, CA 94710
- The CalCup end of season party will be held on Saturday November 23 at the Berkeley Yacht Club from 6pm to 10pm. Please RSVP email@example.com so that Mike can let the club know approximate #s. thanks!
- We're "on" for CalCup racing in conjunction with the America's Cup this Saturday August 24! Please click here for the NOR, more details about the logistics, and the course map.
- Participate in this yearís Nationals without the hassles/expense of hauling gear across the country!
In case you havenít heard already, Trident Sports will be providing Phantom 295 boards and complete rigs for charter for Nationals this summer in LA. They will be available with either the 7.5 m sail or the 8.5 m sail. The cost varies depending on when you order your charter as follows:
∑ Order by May 31 - $250
∑ After May 31 by June 30 - $300
∑ After June 30 by July 15 - $350
Each complete package will be available for sale for $1,499.00 after Nationals (retails for $2,549). Shipping can be arranged for $160 flat rate.
Orders for charter boards should be made directly to Josh Shirley of Trident Sports at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only a limited number will be made available so order early.
The 2013 US Windsurfing Nationals will be held in Cabrillo Beach (Southern California) from August 4-9 2013. The event web site can be found here:
- Xavier Ferlet is organizing a new Slalom race series this summer in Cabrillo Beach in L.A.. This may be a good opportunity to go down and warm up at the venue prior to the U.S. Nationals which are also going to be held at Cabrillo Beach. There is a beautiful new web site with all of the details here:
- The NOR's and a very nice and comprehensive event web site are now available for the 2013 US Windsurfing Nationals:
- The 2013 US Windsurfing National Championships will be held in Cabrillo Beach (Southern California) from August 4-10 2013. Save the date and check out the event web site for further details to follow:
- Looking for the 2012 (or older) results? Check out the Results Archive area.
- Want to try racing, but aren't sure you'll like it? Don't want to purchase a bunch of gear you're not sure you'll use? The CalCup lending library program is for you! You tell us you're ready to race, and we'll deliver race gear for you to try to the next CalCup race! Contact any of us using the links below in the "Contact Info" area of this page...
- How do I get a number for my sail?? Register your own unique number with US
Then order your new number stickers here: www.speedysigns.com
out the free CalCup Classifieds and target the racer community with your ads!