CalCup Races 2015
Some important changes to CalCup for 2015: Please note that CalCup races are going to be run by the Berkeley Yacht Club. Courtesy of the BYC, we also have a new electronic sign-up and payment system.
CalCup Junior Program
CalCup is fully commited to helping develop the next generation of windsurf racing champions. Juniors are always welcome at CalCup race dates, and there are frequently targeted clinics specially for juniors.
Team Berkeley Windsurf (TBW) runs races on CalCup race dates and runs a comprehensive program for getting juniors into windsurfing and racing. Please see the TBW web site for more details on this awesome program:
CalCup is also a partner with the St. Francis Yacht Club junior development program:
St. Francis Yacht Club Junior Windsurfing Program
CalCup Perpetual Trophies
CalCup Perpetual Trophies are awarded at the end of each racing season to the top finishers in each racing division, and also in several categories voted on by all CalCup participants.
Click here to see a list of all past CalCup Trophy winners.
- End of Season Party!! Weyman is coordinating with the Berkeley Yacht club to have awards and food after the last race on 9/19 for the racers. Awards will be presented for:
A fleet 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
B fleet 1st.
Foiling Windsurfer 1st.
Please let Weyman know your votes for most improved and most inspirational sailors for 2015.
All racers and guests are invited. Please let Weyman know ASAP how many in your party will be attending.
Also, for those of you who have CalCup trophies from past seasons, please bring them to the event so that they can be engraved for the 2015 series.
- Brand new Sailing Instructions for Calcup including new courses have been posted. Check them out here.
- Attention racers and non racers alike. In addition to the slalom series to be held at the St. Francis Yacht Club on Friday nights this season (see below...), we are also organizing a second slalom series on Saturdays to be held at Crissy Field, the day after the Friday night races on May 30, June 27, July 25, and August 22. We need your support and interest in order to make this happen. Please see details here.
- The St. Francis Yacht Club is offering Slalom racing! Downwind slalom racing to be held at the St. Francis Yacht Club in lieu of the normal course racing on Friday nights (May 29, June 26, July 24 & August 21) this season. Sign up here.
- Welcome to the 2015 racing season!
- Looking for the 2014 (or older) results? Check out the Results Archive area.
- Want to try racing, but aren't sure you'll like it? Don't want to purchase a bunch of gear you're not sure you'll use? The CalCup lending library program is for you! You tell us you're ready to race, and we'll deliver race gear for you to try to the next CalCup race! Contact any of us using the links below in the "Contact Info" area of this page...
- How do I get a number for my sail?? Register your own unique number with US
Then order your new number stickers here: diylettering.com
out the free CalCup Classifieds and target the racer community with your ads!